Thursday, February 19, 2009

Wedding Day Frenzy

So let's just say we didn't start off our wedding day normal. Well, it appeared to be normal. I woke up all excited to get ready and to see my soon to be husband. Brittany, Kyle's little sister, helped me put on my make up and do my hair. My family and Kyle's family (minus Kyle and Michael) had stayed at the Marriott hotel that was just a block away from the Salt Lake temple, the night before the wedding. We decided to just drive over so my parent's, Kim (Kyle's dad), and I hopped into the suburban. My dad decided to hurry and drop us off before parking the car. I opened the back to grab my bag with my temple clothes, the marriage license, Kyle's ring and the bag with my dress. I pulled out my dress but the bag wasn't there any more. I looked frantically in the back seat, but nothing was there. My dad said he would run back to the hotel and grab them.
My mom and I went in to at least wait and see if Kyle was there. As I was checking in my dress, my mom came up to me and said that the bags were stolen. I asked how she knew that. My dad had called her and said that the girls never took the bags to the room and also the GPS system was missing. So, I stood there thinking "I'm not getting married today". Kyle held me as I tried to hold back the tears.
We went up to the check in counter and told the man what had happened. He said soothing words and reassured us that we were going to get married, that everything will work out. That made me feel much better. Kyle and I walked hand in hand inside where we were ushered to sit. A lady came out asking for our marriage license. I told her that it had been stolen. She then said "so you don't have a marriage license? Your marriage license was stolen?" I started getting a little upset again. For those who don't know, I had put Kyle's ring and the marriage license in the same bag as my temple clothes so everything would be together. She told us she would be right back. Then, that's when it hit me. I started crying on Kyle's shoulder and he just comforted me the whole time. He was so calm, I envied him.
The lady came back out and said that one of the clerks from Salt Lake county was going to meet us at the salt lake county building and she would issue us a new marriage license. So, Kyle and I headed out to the car. On our journey to the parking lot, we came accross a few confused family members. We then had to explain everything, and then skipped on our way to the car. It felt so unreal to be driving around together while everyone was waiting for us to get married.
Anyway, we got our license and got married at 10 a.m. instead of 9 a.m. We had a fantastic luncheon with a beautiful reception. Then, we headed off to our honeymoon...

2 comments:

  1. Nope. We had to buy him a new ring when we got back. It was sad too because my great grandma had made my grandma the apron and then my grandma gave it to me. And of course, that was in the bag and that got stolen.

    ReplyDelete