Kyle asked me a week before if I wanted to go out on the boat with his parents Tuesday (Sept. 2nd) night for one last time before it got too cold. And of course, how could I say no?! So Tuesday rolled around and he came and picked me up around six. His parents were already at the lake because they were getting the boat out and everything.
We went out to the middle of the lake and decided to do some tubbing. Kyle and I went out for about ten minutes. As we were getting back on the boat, Lisa (Kyle's mom) said that she wasn't feeling very well, so she lied down for a bit. After a couple minutes, she asked if we could go back to the dock so she could get some medicine from inside the car.
We got back to the dock and Kim (Kyle's dad) said he would get off with her and that we could take the boat out but to come back in like thirty minutes. So we started heading back out onto the lake. On our way out, there was this boat that was blocking the way. As we got up closer, the kind man Kyle is, asked if everything was alright. The man said he was stuck or something and asked if we could pull him in. Of course I shrugged my shoulders and said "sure". Kyle had a smile on his face as always but I later found out he was thinking "come on man! right now?!" After we towed him as far as he wanted, we headed back out to the middle of the lake.
When we got out there, we just stopped the boat and talked for awhile. He reached inside of a compartment and pulled out a box. When I saw it, I kept telling myself not to jump to conclusions, that it's probably just a bracelet or something. But then he bent down on one knee and opened the box. The whole time all I could say was "oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh". He asked me to marry him but before I could say anything, he jumped up and hugged me. I kept laughing and said "Yes!"
When I got home and went down to my room, there were two dozen red roses arranged beautifully!

No comments:
Post a Comment